Background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Lab Results

The doctor had me do some routine blood work since I am on Amiodarone.  They showed that I am hypothyroid.  This has caused me to put on some weight and slowed down my GI system.  After going 10 days without any "results" I had to have a colonoscopy.  I had to do 2 days of cleansing to get things cleared out.  Now I have to take MiraLAX daily.  It also showed my liver is not functioning as well as it should.  The doctor cut my dose in half and I will have new tests run this week.  I see the doctor the first part of February for the results.  Hopefully I will get to discontinue the Amiodarone.  I am nervous about what that will mean for my heart, but I will be glad to be rid of the side effects.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonathan, could you do me a favor and get some good news once in a while?!? We love you and are praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete